Miami Heat star Chris Bosh recently said that he was “ready to play” after spending a good portion of 2015 recovering from a health scare involving blood clots on one of his lungs, and on Thursday, Bosh told the media that he’s fully cleared for training camp:
.@ChrisBosh on returning (cont'd): "I am released and ready for contact."
— Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) September 24, 2015
Bosh also said he’s not taking blood thinners anymore:
Chris Bosh says he is off blood thinners and fully cleared for contact and practice.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) September 24, 2015
Bosh isn’t at high risk for recurrence of another clot, and now he can focus on the upcoming season, a season in which the Heat are expected to be one of the top contenders in the Eastern Conference. Miami missed the playoffs last year, with health issues to Bosh and others derailing the season.
On paper, a starting lineup of Bosh, Hassan Whiteside, Goran Dragic, Dwyane Wade and Luol Deng is one of the best units in the league. The injury concerns will still be there, of course, but if all goes well, it wouldn’t be a shock to see the Heat playing LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference Finals.